Thinking and talking about tankless water heaters?by Mike Miller, Master Plumber
Why go Tankess ?
There was a time, I only recommended tankless water heaters to those with larger bath tubs, bigger households, or as an option for low boy gas conversions. As someone who has sold and installed both tank style and tankless units, I decided to try a tankless water heater in my own home.
what I found is, how much I prefer the tankless over the tank style. My preconceived thoughts have changed a bit, to recommend the tankless water heater more often. I have made a list of just some of the pros of having a tankless unit.
- Space saving
- No more unnecessary heat loss when not in use
- The obvious, no longer running out of hot water
- Tankless units, when maintained properly, should last twice as long as the conventional tank style units.
- Long term price savings
- Perhaps the clencher, for me anyway, was the water quality and the constant temperatures during uses.
Considering the cost of a tankless water heater, it is twice as much as that of a tank style water heater. This may seem like a disadvantage initially, but not having to replace a water heater again in 12-13 years at even a higher cost, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
Get Instant on demand and endless hot water to your sinks, showers and other hot water using applications. The top rated residential small Rheem tankless electric point of use water heaters are perfect for bathrooms, kitchen and laundry rooms. We off the best most energy efficient and space saving units that fit easily unser counters and sinks. Get hot water when you need it , for as long as you need it. Call 5 Star Plumbing today to schedule your free estimate.
- Sump Pump or Foundation Drain Install/Repair
- Tankless Water Heater Installation and Repair
- Clear Sewer Main
- Plumbing Services
- Faucets, Fixtures, and Pipe Repair
- Smoke Testing
- Gas Piping
- Drain Line Breakage Camera Locate
- 24/7 Emergency Plumbing Services
- Clear Drain Clog or Blockage
- Bathtub Install and Replace
- Water Heater Installation and Repair
- Basement Drainage Channels Install and Repair
- Plumbing and Snake Drain
- Sewer Main Install or Replace
- Water Piping
- Water Main Installation or Repair
- Leak Repair